Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

On the Bloodstained Shore of Dreams is Now Available!

It's been crazy the past few days, but I just wanted to let you know that On the Bloodstained Shore of Dreams (Lord Vangley's Nightmare) is now available from your favorite vendor for just 99 cents. It's a short story (approximately 2,200 words) with bonus commentary that I'll likely extend at a later date. I'm also planning on giving it away for free to my Patreon supporters once I'm all set up. If you're curious about this little tale and would like to support me, I'd certainly appreciate it. More great content is on the way soon!

Available now!

On the Bloodstained Shore of Dreams
(Lord Vangley's Nightmare)

by S.E. Gordon

Restless in his sleep, an elder vampire visits the sandy shore of his dreams. When the sky opens, and his mind wanders past the limits of immortality, he finds her body pressed up against his. “Let me taste of you, oh beautiful. Spare a few drops for me," he whispers in her ear.

Note: This story features Lord Vangley of Vissorouy from the forthcoming thriller Enura. It is meant to explain his dark dreams and mental state early in the novel.

EXCERPT

If the sky bled, it would look as thus: a jagged streak extending from horizon to horizon against the pillowy, flesh-hued clouds that move gently, as if breathing.

I gaze into the crimson wound, my back against the sandy shore. Blood trickles out in waves, swept up by the wind, widening the gash to my delight. “Let me taste of you, oh beautiful. Spare a few drops for me,” I whisper to it.

I lie there, my mouth open. Like all things, I am met with bitter disappointment. She does not wish to sprinkle me with her essence, leaving me to die on the shore.

Yet how can any of this be? For I am a vampire, and the sun, my scourge. Bathe too long in it, and the flesh, once strong and true, fizzles to ash.

Fleeting as they are, there are moments when a servant of the underworld may stand unscathed in the sun. My first venture into the light came during an eclipse. Short though it was; ten minutes, if I were lucky. But ten minutes can spill an ocean of blood. A small town decimated in that short passage of time, such as it was.

But this...this eternal bleeding of the heavens speaks of something new. My skin burns not, the sun neatly tucked away. Might it last a bit longer this time than those ten frightful minutes? Or could this be for all time?

The reign of the vampire will one day come, the mortals relegated to the shadows as it should be. Is today such a day? O blood red sky, answer me...


Available from these fine retailers:

Amazon
Apple
Barnes and Noble
Kobo
Google
Smashwords
Tradebit
Inktera

No comments:

Post a Comment