Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Plodding Along

Early this morning I made the decision to do something with On the Blood-Stained Shore of Dreams, a short story dealing with Lord Vangley of Vissorouy's nightmare. The heavy lifting is now done, and I only need to read it over a few more times before it's ready for publication.

I love that it's done now, and I can move onto something else in the Vampire Hunters/Enura universe. A promise has been kept, and I must do the same with my overall vision. Questions need answers, and the deeper I go into the hole, the closer I get to delivering an authentic reader experience.

I wish to shed all assumptions. Everything and everyone has a story in Vissorouy. What is Olivia Vangley's? Or Lawson Parker's? Vissorouy's? As well as I think I know them, it doesn't take much to discover that they are very much strangers to me. The answers are there if I'm willing to look.

Writing is a long talent, and in that spirit, I feel that Enura is a long revelation. The characters and their surroundings must be understood deeply for any of this to work. And that's just it--it's only work. Once I've cleared that mental hurdle, all I need to do is open my mind and let it all out.

Tomorrow I will deliver the first of many nightmares.

Enura's reign begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment